Consistently ranked among the best experiences of our conference, this series of participatory, inspiring conversations will address challenging topics in your area of expertise. Participants are able to choose their own conversations and collaborate with the brightest minds in their fields to explore new ideas on common issues.
Head to the room that has the topics that interest you most, sit anywhere and our trained facilitators will you give you (very brief!) instructions on how Table Talks will work.
Please note: there are many more topics to come, so stay tuned!
You'll have the option to join two of the following conversations throughout the morning:
- Is it time to tear down the paywalls? Exploring ways to generate revenue from readers, without content restrictions. - Alex Clark
- How to involve journalists in subscription conversion conversations. - Amanda Wilkins
- How news organizations not only grow but retain members -- not only individual members but also institution ones - Amanda Yarnell
- How to build innovation in your media organization - Corey Ford
- Innovative approaches to serving news deserts and how to fund them. - Eve Pearlman
- Subscription funneling through social - Gene Park
- New jobs and rules of engagement for editorial-business collaboration - Hal Straus
- More Money More Journalism: How to make digital media sustainable - Janine Warner
- The challenge of introducing Agile ways of working into newsrooms - Judy King
- Moving between legacy media and startups/smaller companies - Usha Sahay
- Can we speak the language? Real issues of multilingual content and newsrooms - Wendy Warren
Hal Straus - General Manager, Tow-Knight Center for Entrepreneurial Journalism
@halstraus | https://www.journalism.cuny.edu/centers/#tow-knight-center-entrepreneurial-journalism