Bound to be electrifying, ONA is hosting an energetic round of community-pitched lightning talks where attendees present their Big Idea in Journalism. But they have to keep it short and sweet: five minutes, to be exact! Here's the lineup:
- Curry in a hurry: My love for Indian food and the future of news – Beena Raghavendran
- Is voice search the future of finding news via search engines like Google? – Chelsey Heath
- Now’s the time: A 365,000-day gun violence plan – Sara Catania and Akoto Ofori-Attah
- WeathAR app developing to immerse users in weather & climate forecast data to improve planning, action, and data comprehension – A. Camden Walker
- All the news that’s fit for tomorrow’s audience – Alfred Hermida
- Locking it down: Ending the era of one-night stands and establishing real reader relationships with a trip through the funnel of love – Diana Fox
- Can an open source CRM save print media? – Edwin Grosvenor
- Scripting!! How A Pinch of Programming Can Save a Pile of Time – Bradley Peniston
How were Lightning Talks selected?
- Registered ONA18 attendees (or those planning to register) pitched ideas throughout the summer.
- Submitted topics were vetted by ONA18 volunteers for adherence to this year's theme: "What will my readers / audience / community expect from me in 10 years' time?"
- Successful submitters present on Saturday (please note: you must be in attendance Saturday at 2:30p to lead your session
This session is designed for:
- Everyone! This is a fun, fast-paced and very popular lean-back experience (we’ll have plenty of room, don’t worry!). You’ll be inspired by some great -- and wildly different -- ideas!
This event is generously supported by Gatehouse Media.