It may only be February, with the world excited for the Winter Olympics, but here at the Online News Association, we’re focused on the warmth of a Texas summer and ONA18, Sept. 13-15. We’re already deep in preparation and will soon open opportunities for the community to get involved.
Don’t miss out on these exciting announcements and important deadlines.
- 15th – Applications for Midway participation open.
20th – Applications for general volunteers open, as well as our specialized social, video and audio teams. 20th – Applications for the Student Newsroom and Innovation Lab open for participants and mentors. 28th – Suggestion Box opens. It’s your chance to tell us what topics or speakers you want to see at ONA18, or to submit a session idea that you’d like to lead.
29th – Deadline for volunteer and Student Newsroom applications. 29th – Deadline for Suggestion Box submissions.
- Early April – Early-bird registration opens.
- Early May – First release of the ONA18 schedule. More sessions will be announced throughout the summer.
- 4th – Applications for Midway participation close.
- 10th – Submissions open for the Online Journalism Awards.
- 11th – The ONA team will be Toronto for Insights: Engagement + Revenue, our one-day spring event. If you like our annual conference, learn more about this focused program.
- Early June – Early-bird pricing for registration ends.
- 7th – Deadline for Online Journalism Awards entries.
- The schedule of Midway sessions will be announced.
- We’ll announce the members of our Student Newsroom.
- The “Getting Closer” registration rate ends.
- We’ll open up pitches for our unconference sessions and lightning talks.
- Finalists for the Online Journalism Awards will be announced.
- 13-15th – It’s ONA18!