SEO for news: Fundamentals and the Future
How will people search online for news in the future? What will be the future of SEO for news publishers? We explore 4 ideas and ask the room their thoughts:
- How publishers should deal with search engines pulling the answers out of their content straight onto the SERP, so users don’t have to click;
- As voice search share increases, what should news publishers watch out for;
- Who should be the gatekeepers of news in search engines (including fake news);
- How searches will become even more contextual.
If you’re curious about news SEO and how to increase Google as a referrer in your newsroom, stop by to get past the jargon and learn how you can aim your stories toward search.
Speakers: Tobias Fellner-Jost, Chelsey Heath
Tobias Fellner-Jost is the founder of the Trisolute News Dashboard and has extensive experience in news SEO; Chelsey Heath is the News Dashboard’s news SEO strategist and honed her skills in a digital newsroom.
How are Unconference pitches selected:
- Registered ONA18 attendees pitch ideas throughout the summer
- ONA18 attendees vote on Thursday and Friday of the conference for topics they feel should be added to the schedule
- Successful submitters present on Saturday