Publications have a love-hate relationship with ads. On the one hand, they bring in money. On the other hand, they can be intrusive to and distracting for the reader experience. With more and more readers turning to ad blockers and sometimes avoiding certain sites because of their ads, what can be done? This panel features innovators in the ad space who will talk about new ways to continue using ads without losing readers or their trust.
This session is designed for:
- Any publication that uses ads on their site, or wants to have ads but doesn’t want to lose readers.
- Publishers concerned about how ads are invading their readers’ privacy.
- Anyone interested in the blockchain space and how to monetize within it.
- Brittany Grant | General Editor, Strategic Analytics | ESPN's The Undefeated | @BrittaLeeG
Brittany Grant is a research professional with over 10 years corporate experience. Her hobbies include Muay Thai, people watching, pulling threads and bucking narratives. Currently she is working at ESPN’s The Undefeated where she uses data analysis to glean insights which inform content strategy and business decision making. Brittany grew up in Queens, New York, and while she doesn’t have the accent, she does have an incredibly brisk walking pace.
- Tom Cheredar | Co-Founder | Media ATX |
- Hena Elahi | Client Success & Ad Operations Manager | Blockthrough
Tom Cheredar is a seasoned journalist regularly covering the intersection of media, technology, and business. He has previously written for VentureBeat, GigaOm, Daily Dot, and Rolling Stone, and is the co-founder of Media ATX, an organization dedicated to engaging with media industry professionals in Texas. Tom graduated from Middle Tennessee State University with a degree in Journalism, and currently hangs his hat in Austin, Texas.