New this year, ONA18 will feature three virtual orientation sessions for new attendees replacing the traditional in-person orientation. Dates and times are staggered to accommodate as many colleagues as possible, including those in Asia and Europe.
As a part of the orientation, you’ll speak to ONA staff and previous conference attendees to get different perspectives of navigating the conference.
- Networking tips collected from some of the best in our community (and don’t worry if you dread this word, we’ve got some awesome ideas to not make it feel so weird)
- Tips for navigating our 70+ breakout conference sessions and maximizing what you can learn at ONA18
- Peer advice from a recent first-time attendee
- Ideas for how to keep that conference energy alive after the conference
- Ample time to answer any questions you may have – feel free to come armed with a few!
You’ll also receive a digital handout, exclusive to participants, summarizing all of our tips, so you can refresh yourself at any time.
Dates and times
Please note: Each session is identical, so you only need to choose one option. All sessions are 60 minutes in length.
- Thursday, August 30 – 8 a.m. EST / 12 p.m. UTC
- Tuesday, September 4 – 11 a.m. EST / 3 p.m. UTC
- Thursday, September 6 – 2 p.m. EST / 6 p.m. UTC
Call in details:
The platform is GoToMeeting. You will need a bit of software for it to work, so if you don’t already have it, you may want to plan on connecting 5 minutes early so you don’t miss any content.
You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (571) 317-3122
Access Code: 965-468-061
First GoToMeeting? You can perform a quick system check: https://link.gotomeeting.com/system-check