Each year ONA offers many and varied opportunities that help cover the costs of attending the annual conference and connect you to resources for professional development. Today we’re excited to open applications for two fellowship programs for emerging and diverse talent to attend the conference: the MJ Bear Fellowship and the CNN Diversity Fellowship.
Applications are due June 28, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. EDT.
2018 MJ Bear Fellowship
Now in its eighth year, the MJ Bear Fellowship honors three rising stars in digital journalism — two fellows from the United States or Canada and one fellow from any other country. We’re looking for working journalists under 30 who are driving innovation in the industry. Fellows receive:
- Registration, travel and accommodations for ONA18 and the Online Journalism Awards Ceremony, Sept. 13-15 in Austin
- Recognition and speaking opportunity at ONA18
- Three online coaching sessions
- ONA membership, with three years’ dues paid in full
CNN Diversity Fellowship
The CNN Diversity Fellowship is open to journalists from diverse backgrounds — including of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation and gender — with experience reporting for mobile and social platforms. Selected fellows receive an all-expenses-paid trip to ONA18. These benefits include:
- Complimentary registration for the conference
- Roundtrip economy-class airfare to Austin
- Four nights’ accommodation at the venue, JW Marriott
- Some meals included within conference registration
Winners also participate in one-on-one networking and mentoring events throughout the conference.