The ONA18 Suggestion Box is our public call for pitches to the conference. Our community fuels the majority of conversations that happen at the conference, so we want to hear from you! What issues are discussed daily in your newsroom? Perhaps even more important, what conversations are being overlooked?
Whether you’re not sure if you should pitch (spoiler alert: you definitely should) or just need a refresher, we have some resources for you.
- Nervous about pitching to ONA18? I’ve got you. If you haven’t pitched or need a bit of encouragement, WCPO-TV’s Tasha Stewart has awesome advice for you.
- 10 factors that make a great session pitch. This is how we think about the quality of each pitch. Be specific, think about your audience and come ready with an interesting, diverse lineup.
- Get creative with your session format. We are looking for sessions that are engaging; here’s some inspiration to make that happen.
- Themes to consider when pitching to ONA18. While we don’t have official conference themes, some subjects are bound to come up. If you’re looking for inspiration, think about a creative way to tackle one of these topics.
- What happens once I submit my ONA18 pitch? We have an amazing Program Team who will review each and every pitch. Some suggestions we’ll take as they come; others we’ll tweak or combine. We’ll notify everyone one way or another before the early bird registration rate closes in early June.
- Have more questions? Check out our FAQs or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Suggestion Box is open through March 29, 2018, at 11:59 p.m. ET, so be sure to send us as many ideas as you like!
Refer to our Opportunities page if you’re interested in other ways to get involved or volunteer with the conference. For news and updates, follow us on Twitter @ONAConf or subscribe to our newsletter.